Delight yourself in the Lord, and he will give you the desires of your heart. -Psalm 37:4
I can’t tell you how many times I’ve read this verse now, because it holds so much meaning. First, it shows how incredibly much our God loves us. He wants to give us good gifts, because we are His children! Think about how you want to give your children the best that you can. Imagine that, perfect love though, in God. Matthew 7:11 says, “If you, then, though you are evil, know how to give good gifts to your children, how much more will your Father in heaven give good gifts to those who ask him!”
So, I’ve learned to ask for the things that I feel are good and worthy things, and it always amazes me when God answers my prayer! “Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you.” -Matthew 7:7
A few things to remember:
- We have to try and want to do God’s will, committing our will to His control and guidance
- Be patient as God works out what is best for us.
- We need a solid relationship with God in order to know His will. How can we make blind requests without our hearts being in sync with God? Quiet time with God is a must.
- We must forgive others, so that God can forgive us and use us for His Glory. Pray with confidence, and with a humble and obedient heart.
- “This is the confidence we have in approaching God; that if we ask anything according to his will, he hears us. And if we know that he hears us-whatever we ask- we know that we have what we asked of him.” – 1 John 5:14-15
For more devotionals from Mom’s Priority, click here.
For more inspiration, check out Mom’s Priority’s Pinterest Board “Inspiration!”